Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I worked in Quebec as a home child care provider or home support worker. Can that work experience count for the caregiver pilots?

Yes. If you’ve worked in Quebec in 1 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) jobs below, you can use that experience to meet the work experience requirement:

  • Home child care provider - NOC 44100 (experience as a foster parent doesn’t count), or
  • Home support worker - NOC 44101

If you’re applying to the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilots with less than 24 months of qualifying work experience, you need to have a valid and genuine job offer for a job outside of Quebec.

All 24 months of work experience must be gained within 36 months.

Living in Canada as a permanent residence

Under these pilots, you must plan to live outside the province of Quebec as a permanent resident. You may want to include supporting documents with your permanent resident application to prove that you’re living or will live outside Quebec.

Answers others found useful

Date modified: