Sponsoring your parents and grandparents
If you want to sponsor your parents and grandparents, you must tell us you want to apply by submitting your interest online. Make sure you are eligible as a sponsor before you submit this form.
About the process
About being a sponsor
- How much income do I need to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- What counts as income for sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- What’s considered social assistance when sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- How do I calculate my family size to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- How can I show proof of income to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- Does the change in age of dependants affect sponsorship undertakings for dependent children?
- Can I sponsor more than one person through the Parents and Grandparents Program?
- Can I sponsor my in-laws under the Parents and Grandparents Program?
Interest to sponsor form
- How do I update my information after I’ve submitted my interest to sponsor form?
- How do I make an electronic copy of my passport or proof of status in Canada document?
- Where is my status in Canada document number?
- I filled out the interest to sponsor form, but haven’t received anything yet. What should I do?
Being invited to apply
- How will I know if I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- I have a confirmation number. Am I guaranteed to get invited to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- I was invited to submit an application to sponsor my parents and grandparents. What do I do next?
- What proof do I need for changes to my information after I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents?
- What if my birth certificate is different from other documents (or I don’t have one)?
- I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents, but didn’t get an email confirmation. How do I get it?
Applying for permanent residence
- Who can be my co-signer on my application to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- On my sponsorship application, what does current or previous undertaking mean?
- What is a complex family sponsorship application?
- How do I pay for my application to sponsor a parent or grandparent?
- Can I hand-deliver my application to sponsor a parent or grandparent?
- On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
- Will you refuse my application if I put a different parent than on my interest to sponsor form?
- Do I need a marriage certificate for my parents/grandparents sponsorship application?
- I’m sponsoring my parent. I don’t know where their separated spouse is. How do I apply?
- Do I include time on parental leave in my employment history for sponsoring my parents?
- What do I put for the date of birth (or death) of my family member if I don’t know it?
- Date modified: