Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?


Your study permit is not a travel document.

Your study permit lets you study in Canada. You still need a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.

Learn more about study permits, visitor visas and eTAs.

Floods in British Columbia

If you’re directly affected by the floods, you may be able to

  • get free replacement of documents that are lost, damaged, destroyed or inaccessible due to the floods
  • ask for urgent processing and a refund for an application you’ve submitted because of the floods
  • change, extend or restore your status, including
    • pausing your studies if your school is in the flood area
    • changing your employer if your workplace is affected by the floods

Find out how to apply

Studying - General
Study permit
Work permits for students

See also: Leaving/Returning to Canada

Co-op and internship programs
Off-Campus work permit
Post-Graduation work permit
Tourist visa for students

See also: Leaving/Returning to Canada

Extending or replacing your study permit
Permanent residence for students
Student Direct Stream (SDS)
Date modified: