Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Work permits

Floods in British Columbia

If you’re directly affected by the floods, you may be able to

  • get free replacement of documents that are lost, damaged, destroyed or inaccessible due to the floods
  • ask for urgent processing and a refund for an application you’ve submitted because of the floods
  • change, extend or restore your status, including
    • pausing your studies if your school is in the flood area
    • changing your employer if your workplace is affected by the floods

Find out how to apply

Work - General
Applying for a work permit

See also: Leaving/Returning to Canada

Tourist visa for foreign workers

See also: Leaving/Returning to Canada

Hiring a foreign worker
General questions about hiring a temporary worker
Employer compliance fee
Submitting an offer of employment
Using the Employer Portal
Labour Market Impact Assessment
Family members
Extending your work permit

See also: Leaving/Returning to Canada

Global Skills Strategy (GSS)
Applying for work with the Global Skills Strategy
Hiring a worker through the Global Skills Strategy
Date modified: