- Do I need to provide proof that I can pay the salary of the caregiver I’m hiring through the caregiver pilots?
- Do I have to pay for the caregiver’s travel costs if I’m hiring them through the caregiver pilots?
- I want to hire a caregiver with a live-in arrangement. What’s the maximum amount I can charge for room and board?
Caregivers - General
- I want to work in Canada as a caregiver, but I don’t meet the requirements of the pilots. What are my options?
- I’m working in Canada as a caregiver but I don’t meet the requirements for the caregiver pilots. Can I apply to extend my work permit?
- An employer in Quebec has offered me a job as a caregiver. What do I apply for?
Caregivers - Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots
- What’s an occupation-restricted open work permit?
- Can I apply to extend my work permit under the caregiver pilots?
- When do I need to take a medical exam for the caregiver pilots?
- I already took a medical exam when I applied for the caregiver pilots. Why am I being asked to take another one?
- Can I use work experience from more than 1 employer to apply to the caregiver pilots?
- I worked in Canada illegally. Can I use that experience to meet the work requirement of the caregiver pilots?
- I worked in Quebec as a home child care provider or home support worker. Can that work experience count for the caregiver pilots?
- Is there a limit on the number of caregiver applications you accept under the pilots?
- What can I do if the yearly limit on applications for the caregiver pilots has been reached before I apply?
Employment contracts and benefits
Job changes and your work permit
Open Work Permit
- I’m a live-in caregiver and I’m ready to apply for permanent residence. Can I apply for an open work permit?
- May I send my open work permit application and permanent residence applications separately?
- Do I need to extend my work permit while my permanent residence application is being processed?
- I have applied for an open work permit and permanent residence. What if my current work permit expires?
- Will the time I worked under any work permit help me get permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
- Who should I include on my permanent residence application?
- How many hours of work experience do I need as a Live-in Caregiver to apply for permanent residence?
- What is a complex permanent residence application for the Live-in Caregiver program?
- Date modified: