For people affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine
You can apply for the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) to come to Canada temporarily, if you’re
- a family member of a Ukrainian
You need to give your biometrics
In most cases, you now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after you apply.
Make sure you need a visa before you apply
Entry requirements may have changed since your last visit to Canada. Find out which entry document you need.
To apply for a visitor visa, transit visa or super visa you can:
You must have:
- Access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents to upload, and
- A valid credit card to pay with
Apply online for a visa
Apply on paper
Read the instruction guide to get all the details to apply on paper.
Once you have read the guide, you can prepare your application package. You must select the country/territory from which you will be applying to get your local visa office instructions.
This application package is for applicants in Martinique:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5484] (PDF, 319.47 KB)
- Visa office instructions – Visit [IMM 5885]
- Application for Temporary Resident Visa
- Family Information Form [IMM 5707] (opens in a new tab)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (opens in a new tab)
- Visa application photograph specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (opens in a new tab)
Each applicant must fill out and sign their own form, including those travelling as a family. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form.
Prepare a complete application
To make sure you submit all the pages of form IMM 5257 with your application package, follow these steps:
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Find out more about barcode form.
Pay your fees
You must include the fee with your application. Find out how to pay your fees.
Permanent residents of Canada
We do not issue temporary resident visas (TRV) to permanent residents (PR). If you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you must apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) instead. If you meet the requirements for a PRTD, you can return to Canada as a PR.
If you no longer want to be a PR, or if you know you do not meet the requirements to keep your PR status, you can voluntarily give up (renounce) your PR status to apply for a TRV.
- Date modified: