Pay your fees online
Need a refund?
The process for your refund depends on how you paid.
Not all applications require online payment. Check the payment options for your application before you continue.
Some fees you can pay for here include:
- fees for some passport and travel document services outside Canada and the United States
- fees to submit a new paper citizenship or immigration application
- additional fees for an application you already submitted (online or on paper)
- fees to add a family member to an Express Entry application you already submitted
- the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)
Don’t pay your fees here if you’re:
- paying fees for a new online application.
- If you’re applying online, you’ll pay when you submit your application.
Follow these steps to pay your fees.
Step 1: Check if you’re eligible
You can’t check if you’re eligible for the program you’re paying for when you pay your fees.
Citizenship and immigration services
Don’t pay the wrong fees. Before you pay, check your application guide to:
- make sure you’re eligible
- know what fees you need to pay
If you pay the wrong fees or fees are missing, we may return your application.
Passports and travel documents
You can only pay online for:
- Canadian passports mailed or picked up outside Canada and the United States
- Refugee Travel Documents and Certificates of Identity
You can’t pay online if you’re applying from Bermuda, American Samoa, the Midway Islands, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. For these countries, see payment options for the United States.
Step 2: Get your payment card ready
The card you use does not have to be in your name. The cardholder’s name will appear on the receipt, but it does not need to match your application.
You can pay with a credit card, prepaid card or a debit card.
Credit cards and prepaid cards
We accept credit cards and prepaid cards from:
- American Express®
If you use a prepaid credit card, keep the card for at least 18 months after you pay. This will make refunds easier. Find more on prepaid cards.
The debit card must be:
- from a Canadian bank using INTERAC®Online
- registered for online banking through your bank’s website
We also accept Visa Debit.
Step 3: Pay your fees
You have 2 options to choose your fees. With both options, you’ll be able to review your choices before you pay.
Option 1: We help you choose your fees
With this option, answer a few questions about your application type and we’ll tell you which fees you need to pay.
We won’t check if you’re eligible for the program you’re paying for. If you’re not sure you’re eligible, check your application guide.
Option 2: Choose your fees from a list
With this option, you select your application type to see the list of related fees. Then you enter how many of each fee you want to pay for.
Step 4: Include your receipt with your application
After you pay, we’ll email you a copy of your receipt.
- If you’re applying on paper, print the receipt and include it with your application.
- If you’re paying additional fees for an application you already submitted online, follow the instructions we sent to your account.
You can log in at any time to view all your receipts.
- Date modified: