Note: You must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for Express Entry online.
|Right of permanent residence fee||500|
For most permanent residence applications, you need to pay the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) when your application is approved. You will have to pay it before you can become a permanent resident.
You can pay the RPRF at the same time as your application fees to avoid delays. If we approve your application before you pay it, we will contact you to explain how.
We will refund the RPRF if you withdraw or we refuse your application. The RPRF is the only fee that we can refund after we start processing your application.
The RPRF does not apply to:
- the dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor
- sponsorship applications for adopted children
- sponsorship applications for an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild or
- protected persons, including applicants eligible on humanitarian and compassionate grounds and convention refugees.
Note: We will refund the RPRF if:
- we refuse your application
- you decide to withdraw your application or
- you get your visa but decide not to use it, and return your passport to us so that we can cancel the visa.
We pay the refund without interest and at the current exchange rate, no matter when you paid it.
How to pay your fees
Pay online and apply on paper
To pay your fees online you will need:
When you finish, you must:
- print a receipt of your payment
- include it with your paper application
Pay at IRCC local office
The types of payment we accept vary by office.
- Date modified: