|Study permit (including extensions) – per person||150|
Citizens of certain countries and territories have to give their biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when they apply for a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit. Find out if you need to give biometrics.
|Biometrics – per person||85|
Biometrics – per family (2 or more people)
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place
Note: The biometrics fee covers:
- collecting fingerprints and a digital photo
- moving your documents between our visa office and the VAC where you gave your biometrics
If your children qualify as dependants and need to give their biometrics, you can pay the family fee.
How to pay your fees
Pay and apply online
This is the only way you can pay this fee when applying online.
Pay online and apply on paper
You can only use this option if submitting a paper application.
If you are applying online, payment is only allowed when you submit your application through your account.
To pay your fees online you will need:
When you finish, you must:
- print a receipt of your payment
- include it with your paper application
Apply on paper and pay as per instructions below
If you decide to apply on paper, payment is done when you submit your application. You can pay your fees by following the payment instructions below. When you finish, you must include the payment or proof of payment with your paper application.
Before you pay
- You must include with your application payment or proof of payment (e.g. receipt, bank draft)
- If your application is received without the correct processing fee, it will be returned without processing.
- When your fee has been paid and processed, keep this receipt for your records.
- Processing fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome.
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Banks may add a service charge.
- You are responsible for any costs associated with the return of:
- processing fee and/or
- related documents sent in by error.
- Visa offices cannot accept:
- receipts for fees paid in Canada;
- personal cheques;
- Never send cash by post.
Note: If you are paying additional fees for an application currently being processed the proof of payment must be attached to the letter from our office requesting the additional payment.
No mission site was found.
- Date modified: