Official travel services are starting to resume
If you need to travel urgently
- fill out the contact form
- write “urgent” in the subject field
We ask for your patience as we process non-urgent applications. Find out how you may be affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
This section contains information for representatives of the Government of Canada and people travelling on Government of Canada-related business.
Some countries require visitors to have an entry visa. We provide a visa service for people travelling on official government business.
If you’re applying for an official passport and a visa at the same time, submit all required documentation (official passport and visa) together.
Find out if you need a visa, how long it will take, and what forms and other requirements you need to apply.
The processing time for the visa is in addition to the 15 days needed to process your official passport application. We have no control over the time it takes a foreign agency to produce a visa, and we can’t influence or expedite visa processing times.
Submit your visa application
To apply for a visa for a special or diplomatic passport
- check the visa requirements
- Consult with the foreign mission (consular section) of your country of destination.
- Visa requirements can change at any time, so check each time you travel.
- send the following documentation to the mailing address for Official Travel below:
- the valid official passport (if you have it with you)
- a completed visa facilitation form [PPTC 639] (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- a completed passport information billing form [PPTC 467] (PDF, 57.58 KB)
- the processing fee of $90 CAN per visa
- Payment details are in the PPTC467 form above.
- Certain foreign missions may require additional fees.
Mailing address for applicants from National Defence
DND/Official Travel section (Passports)
101 Colonel By Drive
Mailing address for all other applicants
PO Box 8790 Stn TCSC
- Date modified: