Language selection


International Experience Canada: Who can apply

Find out if you’re eligible

The Youth Mobility Arrangement between Canada and Ukraine is not accepting applicants. Further information will be provided once available.

To be eligible for the category, you must:

Note: The cost of living varies depending on where you decide to settle in Canada. Prepare financially by finding out how much it costs to live in the city and province or territory where you plan to stay.

Who can participate

To participate

  • your country or territory of citizenship must have a Youth Mobility Agreement with Canada or
  • you may be able to use a recognized organization

Some countries only allow you to participate once. Others allow you to participate twice, but in different categories. Because each country is different, it’s important that you check to see if you’re eligible to apply.

Even if you’re issued an invitation to apply, you can’t participate more times than your country allows. After you submit your application, an officer will assess your eligibility, including your past participations. Make sure you read and understand all the requirements before you submit an application.

Even if you hold a refugee travel document issued by a country that has a youth mobility agreement with Canada, you’re not eligible to participate.


Your dependants can’t come with you to Canada under the IEC program. However, they may apply to visit, study or work in Canada. We’ll look at your application separately from theirs.

Find out more about how dependants can come to Canada.

Date modified: