I can’t provide a document listed on the checklist. What should I do?
If you don’t submit a required document listed on the checklist, your application could be returned to you.
Sometimes, situations beyond your control (war or natural disasters) can prevent you from getting a document.
If you can’t provide a document, include a letter with your application. In your letter, explain why you can’t get the required document.
Please include the letter in your application package, in place of the required document. We’ll review your letter of explanation when we process your application.
See also What must I do if I cannot get a police certificate for my immigration application?
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: