Why has the status of my immigration application on CAS not changed, even though I sent it a long time ago?
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this queue can be long. Applications are processed according to the application processing times at a given location.
In addition, CAS does not show some other actions—such as security checks—at all. So it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file, even though you have had interactions with us recently.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: