Why has the status of my immigration application on CAS not changed, even though I sent it a long time ago?
Client Application Status (CAS) may not show some activities on your file for many weeks. That is because the visa offices and the case processing centres get a lot of information.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this queue can be long. Applications are processed according to the application processing times at a given location.
In addition, CAS does not show some other actions—such as security checks—at all. So it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file, even though you have had interactions with us recently.
Answers others found useful
- Why did processing times information change?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: