Will I get a refund if I withdraw my sponsorship application?
It depends on where the application is in the process.
- If we did not start the sponsor’s application: You will get all fees back.
- If we started the sponsor’s application: You will not get the C$75 sponsorship fee back. You will get all other fees back.
- If we finished processing the sponsor’s application, but did not start processing the permanent residence application for the sponsored person: You will not get the C$75 sponsorship fee back. You will get all other fees back.
- If we finished processing the sponsor’s application and started the permanent residence application for the sponsored person: You will get the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (C$490 per person) back, if applicable.
- If your application was refused: You will not get any fees back.
Answers others found useful
- What is a complex family sponsorship application?
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
- What counts as income for sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- What’s considered social assistance when sponsoring my parents and grandparents?
- What proof do I need for changes to my information after I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents?
- What if my birth certificate is different from other documents (or I don’t have one)?
- I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents, but didn’t get an email confirmation. How do I get it?
- On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
- Will you refuse my application if I put a different parent than on my interest to sponsor form?
- Do I need a marriage certificate for my parents/grandparents sponsorship application?
- I’m sponsoring my parent. I don’t know where their separated spouse is. How do I apply?
- Do I include time on parental leave in my employment history for sponsoring my parents?
- What do I put for the date of birth (or death) of my family member if I don’t know it?
- How can I quickly get information about my Canadian citizenship to sponsor parents/grandparents?
- Date modified: