How do I prove that I need urgent processing for my permanent resident card application?
To support a request to have your permanent resident (PR) card application processed urgently, you need:
- proof of travel (e.g. a copy of your ticket or itinerary) showing your destination and travel dates;
- a copy of your receipt with the date, amount paid, and your payment method;
- a letter explaining the reason for the urgency; and
- proof of the urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer)
If you forget to include something or your situation does not qualify for urgent processing, we will process your application normally.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: