Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What is a POE Letter?

It is the letter you will receive from IRCC if you have been approved for a:

It is sometimes called the Correspondence Letter, Introduction or Introductory Letter. Officially, it is called the Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. The Letter of Introduction is not your study or work permit.

Keep this letter. You must show this letter to officials at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada to get your study or work permit.

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: