Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?

New rules for prospective international students will take effect on June 1, 2014.

The new regulations will improve services to genuine students, while protecting Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and reducing the potential for fraud and misuse of the program.

For a summary of the changes, please see this notice.

Yes. You can work in Canada while studying and after you graduate, through CIC’s work permit programs for international students. Students may qualify for the on-campus, off-campus or post graduate work permit programs. Find out whether you qualify for a student work permit.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: