Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?
Visa offices face different challenges operating in different countries and regions, and even in different offices within the same region. Various factors can affect the time it takes to process applications, including:
- the number of applications received;
- the resources at an office;
- the length of time an applicant takes to respond to requests for information;
- the need for medical and security screening; and
- differences in mail service.
Answers others found useful
- Why did processing times information change?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: