How do I pay online if I don’t have a credit card or a bank account?
If you don’t have a credit card or a bank account, you can pay with a prepaid or secured credit card instead. We accept cards from:
- American Express®
- UnionPay® (online applications only)
You can often find prepaid credit cards at grocery and convenience stores.
If you use a prepaid credit card, keep it for at least 18 months after you pay to make refunds easier.
Get a higher limit directly from a bank
If you need a higher limit than what you can get at the store, many banks offer prepaid and secured credit cards with limits between $1000 and $5000 per day.
Each bank has slightly different rules for prepaid and secured cards. In many cases, you will not need to have an account with the bank.
Check with a local bank branch for more information.
Don’t pay with anything else
We don't accept Western Union, MoneyGram or other similar forms of payment. We would never ask you to pay using one of these methods. If someone contacts you and asks you to pay this way, report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
Find out how to pay your fees.
Answers others found useful
- I received threats from someone who says they are from the immigration department. Is it a scam?
- Will you ask me for personal information over the phone?
- If I have not paid my fees, will you have me arrested or deported?
- What happens if I owe IRCC money? Will you call to ask for unpaid fees?
- How do I report a scam or a fraud?
- How can I tell if an immigration website is a scam?
- I received an email from an immigration officer. Is it a scam?
- I received a call from an immigration officer. Was it a scam?
Form and guide
How to video
- Date modified: