How many hours of work experience do I need as a Live-in Caregiver to apply for permanent residence?
Live-in caregivers working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program need a certain amount of work experience to apply for permanent residence. They can qualify with one of two amounts of experience:
- 24 months of authorized full-time employment; or
- 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment.
Live-in caregivers applying for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program, must choose one of these options. We will assess the application according to the option the applicant chooses.
Answers others found useful
- I am working as a live-in caregiver but would like to move into my own home. Can I?
- I am already working as a live-in caregiver. Will I be able to apply for permanent residence when I complete the work requirement?
- What are the improvements to the Caregiver Program?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: