How do I apply for a post-graduation work permit?
New rules for prospective international students are now in effect (as of June 1, 2014).
Read about these changes and how they may impact you.
You can apply online. If you prefer, you can print out the application and mail it.
You must apply for a post-graduation work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from your educational institution that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
Note: When paying your fees, you must pay the “Open work permit holder” fee in addition to the standard fee. Find out more about the required fees.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I have applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: