I need to add multiple files to my online application, but there is only one field to upload documents. What can I do?
To upload multiple documents to one field, you will need to combine multiple documents into one file.
How to combine documents:
- Text documents: Copy the text from all files into a single document. If you are including photos, use the “Insert picture” function instead of “Copy/Paste”.
PDF files: Combine PDFs to make a multi-page PDF.
If you are using Acrobat DC, follow the instructions on Adobe’s website.
If you don’t have Acrobat DC, there are websites that offer PDF merging services, like:
- Images: Combine multiple images of your documents into a text document or PDF. When you save a PDF file, use a low resolution (96 dpi) to keep the document under 4MB.
You can only upload one 4MB file per field. If you try to upload multiple files in the same field, only one will be saved.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What can I apply for online?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: