Do I need a permanent job offer for Express Entry?
No. As of November 19, 2016, a valid job offer for Express Entry only needs to be for one year or more.
Job offers must still be:
- at the NOC 0, A or B level
- from one employer for the FSW or CEC, or up to two employers for the FST
- supported by an LMIA (if you need one) or be for a candidate that is exempt from needing one.
Why we changed it
There are many types of skilled jobs where long-term contracts are typical, such as research chairs, IT workers, CEOs, etc.
This change will make it easier for businesses to use Express Entry, and for skilled workers to secure a job offer.
Answers others found useful
- What do you mean by Primary Occupation?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- I have a job offer but the system says I need to register in Job Bank. Why?
- I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?
- I am working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit. Do I need a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?
How to videos
- Date modified: