Can I give up my permanent resident status?
Yes, you can apply to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status. To do this, you must:
- be a permanent resident of Canada and
- be either a citizen of another country or a permanent resident of another country.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
- Date modified: