Why do I need another Labour Market Impact Assessment if I just got one a year ago?
A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document an employer may need to get before they are allowed to hire a foreign worker. The LMIA is valid for a limited time. If your employer would like to keep you for a longer period, they must apply for a new LMIA. Employment and Social Development Canada / Service Canada will make sure there are still no Canadian citizens or permanent residents who can do your job.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: