Where can I find my client ID/UCI?
This eight or ten digit number appears on all documents you get from us. It looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.
If you have sent us an application before
Look for this number on:
- letters we sent you
- your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit
If you do not have any of these documents but want to fill out an application form:
- you can leave the field for UCI (Client ID) blank
If you have not dealt with us since 1973, you will not have a UCI or a Client ID.
If you have not sent us an application before
You will not yet have a client ID. If you are filling out a form that asks for one, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided.
If you are applying online and the form does not allow you to write “N/A,” leave the space blank.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an IRCC application?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- What is an application number?
- I received a letter from IRCC saying that my permanent residence application is incomplete. I paid the old fees already, but want to submit a new application. How do I pay my new permanent residence fees?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: