Help Centre what do you need help with?

What third-party language tests will CIC accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship?

A third-party test is a test done by an organization that is not CIC.

We will accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability if it is from one of the following organizations:

The following tests will be accepted only if they have been previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec:

We will not accept third-party test results that are not on this list, even if they are similar.

Visit the organizations’ websites to learn how to write the exams. Since they are not run by CIC, we do not track when and where they are offered.

In some cases, you may send test results that you already sent us or the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI). We will accept the test results that you sent with your application for:

See the complete list of acceptable documents.

Answers others found useful


Forms and Guides

Glossary term

Date Modified: